Application deadline: 19 June.
The Principal and Board of Management of Stonepark National School wish to commission an interior art feature to celebrate the construction of an extension to Stonepark NS. The piece will be designed and executed to be displayed on the wall of an interior stairwell and possibly the ceiling of the same space.
The title of the project is “Gort na Cloiche” translated as the meadow of stones.
This should be reflective of the progression from a two-teacher school to a fifteen teacher school over 125 years.
The Selection Panel will consist of two / three members of the schools Public Art Working Group and two Professional Artists as well as the County Arts Officer and Project Architect.
All submissions must contain the following details:
1. A typed proposal not exceeding 500 words outlining ideas and proposals for the project.
2. Sufficient illustrations, models or maquettes for the purpose of communicating scale, proportion, materials, location and aesthetic appearance of the realised proposal. (Bear in mind that this is a single stage commissioning process therefore the more assistance the Adjudication Panel receive in visualising the developed image the stronger the application.)
3. Satisfactory evidence of safety, suitability and maintenance requirements, as appropriate.
4. Details of physical practicalities of the project, timescale for completion and budget breakdown.
5. Up to date curriculum vitae.
6. Examples of previous work on CD or DVD only. You may also give details of web sites and Facebook or published materials where examples of your work may be seen.
7. Stamped addressed envelope for return of written proposals.
8. Completed and signed Application Form
The successful applicant must be able to provide Public Liability Insurance cover and Employers Liability Cover (if applicable). The artwork must comply with Health and Safety standards.
Applicants can make enquiries regarding the commission to Meriel McCord Principal Stonepark N.S. Longford on 043 33 46036 or firstname.lastname@example.org