Monday 30 January, 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Duration: 8 weeks
Tuition Fee: €110
Beginners and Improvers
This is a very comprehensive course, where students can follow at their own pace, helped step by step by the workshop leader, art teacher and artist Laurie Legrand, practised technician, M.A. Fine Art graduate with more than 15 years international teaching experience.
Over the course of these wonderful and practical classes, participants will learn to:
- differentiate different types of books and how they can be reproduced,
- set a basic book-binding station at home
- stitch and glue different types of book-blocks
- choose, design and make different types of covers (using hard card, fabric, paper, fold over leather, ribbons, etc..)
- repair beloved old books
- as well as to design their own project with the help of the teacher (artist’s sketchbooks, notebooks, portfolios, etc..).
All tools will be provided. Students will be required to buy certain materials for the course.