On this one day workshop you will learn how to work effectively with studio lighting and you will gain some experience shooting portraits in the studio. This course is focused on portrait lighting techniques in the studio, for those who wish to
start in the world of Studio Photography.
– Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
– Using a light meter to calculate exposures
– Light modifiers and accessories ( Octobox, softbox, beauty dish and reflector)
– Creating or reducing shadow with reflectors and Flags
– Working with white and grey backgrounds
– Lighting the background
– Lighting set ups with one, two, three and four lights
– Main, fill, butterfly, clamshell lighting
– High key and low key lighting set ups
– Flagging light
– Separating the subject from the background with rim lighting
– Using gels to create colour
This course takes place in a photography studio on Capel St. Dublin 1, ideal for portraits, equipped with all the studio lights, modifiers and backgrounds needed for this practice.
Because the places are limited to a very small number of participants, in order to secure a place we advise that you book well in advance as places are heavily oversubscribed.
Dates: Saturday 11 June 2017
Times: 10.30 am to 5pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Fee: €150 (10% off for early bookings until 26 of May)
Location: Patricio Cassinoni Photo Studio, 65 Capel St. Dublin 1.