Tuesdays 7 February to 11 April, 7pm to 9pm weekly
Price: 165 Euro
Silkscreen printmaking is one of the most recognisable and popular forms of printmaking and lends itself really well to high volume production and both high contrast and layered multiple colour images.
LP’s ten week course will guide you through the entire process under the guidance of LP’s silkscreen tutor Derek O’ Sullivan.
The weekly classes allow students to develop their work and ideas as they learn, ensuring their finished prints are fully realised and that each step in the process has been experienced multiple times.
Silkscreen printing is ideal for those interested in creating multiple colour fine art prints, flyers, posters, printed cards, tote bags and t-shirts etc. This course will include:
• Studio health and safety/best practice
• Image selection and preparation/colour separation using software
• Screen: Mesh sizes, screen selection and care
• Process of transferring images to screen using photo sensitive emulsion and exposure unit
• Printing: Registration of image, ink and paper selection, printing technique, trouble shooting, creating multiple colour prints
• Information on cleaning/storage of screens