Deadline for applications: Monday, 30 July
Black Church Print Studio is now inviting applications for its ‘Recent Graduate Curator Award’. This addition to Black Church’s programme is designed to provide a platform for emerging curatorial research. To date the Studio’s exhibition programme has involved significant Irish artists and curators who have approached exhibitions with a keen sense of experimentation. Although the studio activities tend to prioritise print processes, the exhibitions often include alternative forms. This contemporary and inclusive approach to production is what characterises the Black Church Print Studio.
This award is open to recent graduates* from academic backgrounds including Art Theory, Art History, Aesthetics and other related disciplines. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to realise a public exhibition of work at the prime location of The Library Project in Temple Bar in January 2019.
Black Church Print Studio is offering the successful applicant:
– A €500 curatorial fee
– A three week exhibition slot at The Library Project with an additional week for installation/take down
– Full creative autonomy
– Equitable payments for selected exhibiting artists
– Professionally designed graphics and invite
– PR, marketing and administrative support
– Technical installation support
– An ‘A+E Session’, a public dialogue event specific to the exhibition