The Schoolhouse for Art are offering an internship for an administrative assistant. The individual may enhance their art education/training, develop their own art practice whilst gaining valuable experience and skills in business and art administration.
• Start date is immediate (March 2019).
• The internship is for 6 months.
• The Schoolhouse for Art expectation is that the successful applicant would work Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
• The Schoolhouse for Art is a small operation and personnel work as a team covering a variety of functions. The successful candidates’ duties will cover all aspects of day to day operations.
• As our Intern will interface with workshop students by phone, email and face to face, an engaging attitude and strong interpersonal skills are a prerequisite.
Work expectations include:
• Responding to phone and general enquiries.
• Weekly class and workshop administration including class bookings, registration and
• Office Administration – Business “housework” reporting & filing.
• Website content management (updating classes and workshops).
• Social media postings and promotions.
• Practical class and workshop set up, area organisation- tidying.
• Basic computer literacy and social media savvy.
• Ideally experienced with the Squarespace web platform.
• Strong interpersonal skills (Personable, versatile, enthusiastic, dependable)
• Capable of working in a team and also under own initiative.
• 6-month approx contract
• Private studio space for developing own artistic practice.
• Art Tuition/Observation on Schoolhouse for Art workshops
* Travel and subsistence contribution, amount to be decided with intern, approx. €25 per day.
Applications by email only. Please send a relevant CV and examples of work to email@example.com.