Deadline: Friday 3 March 2017, 5pm
Cork Film Centre, Ballincollig, Co. Cork
This position is only open to people who are eligible for Community Employment Scheme, i.e. over 25 years of age and in receipt of a Dept. of Social Protection payment for 12 months or more. Work Hours:19.5 hours per week.
The Caretaker/Gallery assistants tasks include:
• The Participant will open and close the building to the public: (Opening) de-activate the alarm system, open the appropriate shutters, empty de-humidifiers, clear / sweep outside the entrance, and vacuum the foyer and any other areas that might need it, start up any videos or films on exhibition; (Closing) switch off all screens and projectors, check all doors & windows closed, lights off, shutters down, alarm set.
• As Project Manager, the Participant will work with the Director in scheduling exhibitions and screenings, and will co-ordinate and organise the programme of events. The Participant will work with the Director on funding applications for projects.
• It is an advantage if the Participant is familiar with computer editing and animation software. A basic knowledge of cameras and lighting is desirable.
• The Participant will help install visiting exhibitions, will maintain them, and help de-install and pack the work at the end of the exhibiting period.
• Dealing with Public/Visitors: Giving the public information on the current exhibitions
• As this is a public building, the Participant also welcomes the public to the exhibition and shows people around the work.
This role gives the Participant the option to develop both social and technical skills while gaining practical work experience.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org