Creative Exchange is seeking active, enthusiastic Board Members. Creative Exchange is a small, well-respected charity active in East Belfast for over 20 years.
A number of Board Members are reaching the end of a 3 year term, and as the organisation is in a confident position after a period of change, they think it’s a great moment to bring in fresh eyes. This is an opportunity to develop skills, contribute to cultural life and grow your networks.
Creative Exchange need 3 Board Members. At least one must bring a working knowledge and passion for the visual arts in Northern Ireland.
The Board also value:
· Ambition, enthusiasm for working with artists, willing to donate time and energy to help further our mission
· Active understanding of the not-for-profit sector/artist led -initiatives, an interest in operational models and governance structures
· Experience in community engagement ie; active engagement in the visual arts community in Northern Ireland/active engagement with local community projects/active engagement with local arts funders & arts stakeholders
· Experience in fundraising and working on funding applications
· Experience of delivering social media campaigns
· Previous Board or management experience is welcome but not essential
Board Members are required to:
· meet quarterly, usually in East Belfast
· volunteer time as required – attending events, contributing skills
· work closely with the part time Studio Administrator
· provide financial oversight by assisting in the development of annual budgets and working with the studio administrator to monitor financial controls
· monitor Creative Exchange performance against agreed objectives as laid out by Arts Council of Northern Ireland
· ensure compliance with guidelines and reporting from Charity Commission, Companies House, HMRC and other relevant bodies
· act as advocates (particularly important in East Belfast) to enhance the organisation’s public profile by promoting Creative exchange’s mission, achievements and goals.
To apply please send the following:
· A brief current CV
· A short statement setting out your reasons for wishing to be a board member and the particular skills and experience which you feel you would bring to Creative Exchange –
· The names and contact details of 2 referees.We will only seek references from applicants who we propose to appoint to the Board.
Completed applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write “Board Member Application” in the subject line.
Please note: if you submit an application to join the Board you will be confirming that you:
1. have read and understand the role of a member of a charity board, as set out on the Charity Commission website charitycommission.gov.uk/..
2. are not subject to any of the following – an undischarged bankruptcy; an unspent conviction for an offence involving deception or dishonesty; a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986; or a removal from trusteeship of a charity by the Court or the Commissioners for misconduct or mismanagement;
3. Would be available to attend Quarterly Board meetings, currently on Monday evenings and undertake any board member training
4. Are not employed by or working in any capacity for Creative Exchange
5. Understand that the term of office is normally for 3 years but a member can resign at any stage or be removed from office by the Board.
If you would like to visit the studios and/or for an informal conversation please contact current Chair Sophie Hayles – email@example.com