Dublin Simon Community is looking for a creative individual to volunteer full time in their participation and development service. This service offers creative classes and personal development opportunities to people affected by homelessness.
Core Role Requirements
• Engage with and build professional trusting relationships with service users treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Dublin Simon Community (DSC).
• Identify and record the participation and development needs, goals and interests of clients.
• Facilitate groups in meaningful activities such as art, creative writing, photography, reading or anything arts related (these are just examples; we are always open to new initiatives). This is flexible and will be based on the skill set of the volunteer.
• Support Participation and Development staff with event organisation.
• Pro-actively encourage, support and motivate clients to take part in Participation and Development programmes.
• Assist staff or tutors providing meaningful activities, encouraging the participation of clients.
What we offer:
Formal and Informal learning (including DIT cert in volunteering)
Weekly allowance and Expenses covered
Career Development opportunities
Support and Supervision