Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 9 January, 12 noon.
The National Gallery of Ireland wishes to recruit an Art Handling and Loans Manager for the Exhibitions and Collection Services Department. This role is responsible for the management of the art handling operation and team. In addition, the Art Handling and Loans Manager coordinates incoming loans to the Gallery. Reporting to the Head of Exhibitions and Collection Services, the Art Handling andLoans Manager will:
• Manage and support the development of the art handling team
• Manage and deploy the art handling team’s resources in order to meet project deadlines
• Ensure that all work undertaken is carried out according to Health and Safety legislation
• Manage orders, maintenance and storage of equipment, materials and crates
• Ensure stores (on and off site) are maintained
• Manage a budget in relation to equipment, crates and staffing (which include third parties)
• Review art handling techniques, processes, casing and equipment in line with international standards and best practice
• Project manage complex tasks, carry out risk assessments and prepare method statements
• Manage a detailed day to day art handling schedule and roster, working closely with the other staff in the Department
• Coordinate arriving and departing shipments efficiently and safely
• Liaise closely with outside contractors if required
Salary: Salary will be in accordance with point 1 of the Higher Executive Officer standard salary scale (PPC), currently €46,081 per annum – €58,294 per annum.
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Working hours: 37 hours per week. The successful candidate must be willing to work early mornings, evenings and weekends (as required)
Driving Licence: The Art Handling and Loans Manager should have a full clean driving licence
For full job description see: art-handling-loans-mgr
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com or alternatively via post to Michelle Serviss HR Partner, Human Resources, National Gallery of Ireland, 89 Merrion Square West, Dublin 2. References (contact details) must be available upon request. Please state Art Handling and Loans Manager on application. Candidates should note that panels may be formed from which future positions may be filled. Also, note that interviews will take place mid-January 2017.