Deadline for applications: 23 December, 5pm
Reporting to and working directly with the General Manager as a core member of the team, the Administrator is responsible for the administrative operations of the Centre’s building, and assists in the financial operations of Ireland’s national literature resource and support organisation for writers.
As the front-of-house face of the IWC, the administrator will have excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, acting as the first point of call to writers and visitors, and as a key supportive team member in helping to deliver all administrative aspects of the IWC’s activities.
Key skills and aptitudes required
• Minimum 3 years administration experience at an equivalent level of responsibility.
• A motivated self-starter with strong interest in working in the arts and with an ability to prioritise and deliver concurrent programmes.
• Be reliable, proactive and highly organized, with a strong aptitude for problem solving and an eye for accuracy and detail.
• Have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be diplomatic, discreet and confident in dealing with writers, the general public, funders and stakeholders.
• Have excellent computer skills with a command on MS Office and Google docs/drive and the ability to pick up new skills where needed. Experience of Abode Photoshop and Web Content Management Systeman advantage.
• Have proven financial experience in working with accounts, preferably with a recognised accounting software package. Experience of PayPal an advantage.
• Fluency in spoken and written Irish is a distinct advantage.
See website for full job description – bit.ly/2gtAMr7
Terms: 11 month contract from February 2017, renewable, pending a 3 month probationary period.
29 hours per week (Mon and Fri 9am- 5pm; Tues to Thurs 9am – 2pm. Hours to be confirmed, flexibility required.)
Salary: circa €18K p.a. (pro-rata)