Application deadline: 11 May
Summary of the Role
Working in a busy creative environment, the Director of Production is responsible for managing the day to day operations of a multiple long form animation production department. Reporting to the VP of Production (EUR) the role involves managing Production teams.
Key Areas of responsibility
- Reporting to the VP of Production, this role will oversee and manage the day to day operations of a TV Production department with more than 5 long long form series in production at any given time.
- Lead, mentor and develop Senior Producers including managing their performance, one to one’s and developing talent.
- With the Producers ensure the Production teams are resourced correctly to manage multiple productions.
- With the Producers, Resources manager and Head of CG, maintain knowledge of current and upcoming projects, staff skills base, previous experience, preferences and
- development needs to ensure appropriate allocation of staff resources to specific projects.
- Responsibility for coordinating and producing production schedules and production budgets on upcoming productions
- Responsibility for collating and communicating weekly and monthly project updates to management
- Coordinate with Finance teams on project cost reporting and communication updates to management
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships
- 3+ years in a senior management position ideally managing managers, strong leadership and people management skills
- High level of competence in making well founded decision in a high pressure environment
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be skilled at managing upwards and downwards.
- Producer credit on 3 or more series with experience in managing long form animation productions.
- Excellent understanding of a 3D computer animation Pipeline
- Experience in preparing budgets and schedules is essential
- High level competence in financial literacy a key advantage
- Negotiating skills are an advantage as experience in dealing with international broadcast networks
Apply here: www.iftn.ie/jobs/filmtvjob/