Deadline: Friday 9 December
Science Gallery Dublin are looking for a creative, energetic person who is interested in a key role in the production team of Science Gallery Dublin – leading the conception, planning, and management of compelling, inspiring and buzz-worthy events and event-series.
The successful candidate will have a passion for science and the arts, have excellent people skills, and experience working in event management, social entrepreneurship, or project management.
Key attributes of the ideal candidate include
- A passion for science and the arts with a rich network of contacts in science as well the local and international cultural community — with the ability to find a top speaker on artificial intelligence or source a dance troupe.
- Fire in the belly and a make-it-happen attitude, in a word — driven.
- An interest in equity, access, and empowering communities to self-organize and utilize Science Gallery Dublin’s ‘Mission-related approach’ as a resource.
- Excellent project management, budget management and event management skills, ideally in a cultural or arts organization, science venue or festival.
- Tech savvy and experienced in the use of social media to stimulate buzz around events.
- Excellent research, organizational and people skills with a passion for the Science Gallery mission.
- A proven track record in event conception, management and delivery.
- Excellent team player, fun to work with but serious about delivering high quality, high impact events within a tight budget.
- Good facilitator and comfortable speaking in public, capable of guiding a discussion or getting up on the stage and MC’ing an event at the last minute if the job requires it.
For further information on this role and to apply, please visit jobs.tcd.ie, select ‘Science Gallery’ from the ‘Search by Department’ drop-down menu and then press search.