Application deadline: Friday 26 May, 5pm
access>CINEMA is the resource organisation for regional cultural cinema exhibition in Ireland and is funded by the Arts Council. We work with a network of arts centres, film societies, arts festivals and other local arts organisations to develop cultural cinema across the country. access>CINEMA currently services over 80 member groups screening on various exhibition formats.
access>CINEMA’s role is to support local programmers with film advice and expertise as well as providing our core service, the booking and despatch of films for screenings. access>CINEMA has experienced strong growth in membership and audience numbers in recent years. We expect further growth and development in our activities and services in the future.
access>CINEMA wishes to appoint an Office Administrator on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract beginning in June 2017. This will be a key position in the organisation and the person appointed will play a significant role in supporting the film programming service that we provide.
Position: Office Administrator
Contract offered: Initially 12 months, full-time fixed term
Interview date: Friday June 2nd
Proposed start date: Monday June 12th
Reporting to the Director, the Office Administrator is a key support role within the organisation. The position is a junior one, but will provide the opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a growing organisation.
The role will focus on helping to coordinate the despatch of films and publicity/promotional materials to our clients for their screenings, as well as carry out general administrative support for the access>CINEMA office and team.
The main responsibilities associated with the position will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Co-ordinating the transport of films on all screening formats
• Co-ordinating the sending of film promotional materials to clients, including images, posters and other promotional assets
• Maintaining databases used by the organisation
• Collecting film audience and box office data from clients
• Administrative preparation, co-ordination and support for access>CINEMA events including information sessions, programming meetings and screening days
• Providing general administrative support to other staff as required and instructed
• General day-to-day office administration tasks including answering the phone and postal duties
• Possess good administrative and IT skills
• Have good written and verbal communication and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail
• Possess excellent inter-personal skills and be clear, concise and professional in their dealings with both member client groups and other staff members
• Have strong organisational skills and an ability to work both on one’s own initiative, but also as part of a small but busy team
• Be able to work under pressure and prioritise workload
• Be a good timekeeper
The ideal candidate must be hard-working, enthusiastic and prepared to become an integral part of a small, dedicated team.
A 1-year contract will be offered initially, beginning with a 3-month probationary period.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a covering letter accompanied by a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience and that lists two recent references.
Applications will be accepted by email only and should be sent with the subject line “Office Administrator” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.