Closing Date for Applications: Monday 17 April, 5pm
Dublin’s Culture Connects is seeking expressions of interest from artists and makers across Dublin to work with us on a community-led research project. They are looking for artists, dancers, storytellers, musicians and all manner of creative professionals with experience and interest in working in any medium or artform to investigate and capture the voice of Dubliners through facilitating creative workshops or participation activities with them.
Dublin’s Culture Connects is an initiative of Dublin City Council, working to build on the civic energy created during its bid to be 2020 European Capital of Culture through various projects. In 2016 Dublin’s Culture Connects piloted a series of creative partnerships between Dublin City, it’s people, artists, National Cultural Institutions, Public Libraries and the City Arts Office.
In 2017, we hope to enhance our engagement with Dubliners in lots of different ways, including asking artists and makers to propose ways of talking with, listening to and learning from those living, working and visiting here. Dublin’s Culture Connects is seeking expressions of interest from artists and makers across Dublin to work with us on a community-led research project.
The workshops programme could be underpinned by the themes which arose in 2016 or other themes as they develop:
This programme aims to explore new ideas and gather information by using cultural tools to facilitate conversations. We want to hear from you if you have an idea for an exciting and innovative way of engaging communities in creative conversation.
To apply to be part of a group of makers and practitioners (any art form) please send:
- Up-to-date CV
- links to previous work – website/video channel etc.
- a statement/cover letter outlining your work to date that makes you suitable for this position
- your proposed methodologies for community-led creative research (2 A4 pages max)
- an indication of the type of community group(s) you feel your work would be suited to
- Please make clear in your application your preferred theme and location(s), although we do encourage flexibility in this matter. Please also indicate your transport situation – for example, do you have a driving licence, and access to a vehicle?
Fee for project delivery: €2,000
Time commitment is a minimum of 10 half-days for workshops with different community groups, and 10 half-days for studio time and meetings.
Email queries and applications to: email@example.com
More info and how to apply here: www.dublinscultureconnects.ie/engage-the-city/