Response Deadline: 20 May, 12pm.
The Arts Council wishes to appoint a suitably qualified Service Provider to provide both Storage and Art Handling Services to meet the needs of the organisation both from a quality and service delivery perspective. There are now approx. 1,100 works in the art collection.
Operating as ‘museum without walls’ it is primarily a lending collection. Works can be seen in schools, hospitals, public sector buildings, as well as galleries, museums and other arts organisations in Ireland. The collection can be divided into three main categories:
• Two-dimensional work including paintings, drawings, prints and photographs on paper and canvas (comprising approximately 85% of the collection)
• Three-dimensional work including sculpture, ceramics and installations (comprising approximately 10%of the collection)
• Multi-media including videos and sound recordings (comprising approximately 5%of the collection)
These Art handling services (but not limited to) must include:
• Installation and deinstallation of works in the Arts Council building on Merrion Square, Dublin 2
• Provision of safe transport of works to and from storage, as well as to lending organisations across Ireland and Internationally, on a case-by-case basis
• Advice on damage/conservation concerns when installing/deinstalling works
• Wrapping of works of art in appropriate, specialist materials which do not undermine the long-term conditions of works.
For more see eTenders.