Application deadline: Friday 13 April
Future Makers offers a range of awards and supports to students and emerging makers. It is one of the largest prize-funded award programmes in Europe.
Future Makers is a Design and Crafts Council (DCCoI) of Ireland initiative which recognises talent, potential and creativity. Its aim is to support the next generation of makers, designs and craftspeople to take the step from training into enterprise. Divided into student and emerging practitioner categories and covering a wide range of disciplines, the Future Makers programme recognises and rewards vision, innovation and excellence in both making and the creative process among students and recent graduates. This is a crucial time in the career path of young makers and Future Makers creates a platform to showcase talent, as well as providing much needed financial support.
Entry to this programme is free. Entries will be assessed by a judging panel comprising Claudia Casali, Director of International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza, Italy and Philip Hamilton, Creative Director of Perch, Dublin. The panel will be chaired by DCCoI’s Education Manager, Fiona Byrne.
All Future Makers Awards and Supports Categories for 2018:
- Future Makers Student Award: €2,500
- Innovation Award: €1,000
- Design Award: €1,000
- Craft Skills Award: €1000
- Materials Support: €500 x 4
- Travel and Training Support: €500 x 2
- Professional Development Support: €500 x 2
Recent Graduates/Emerging Practitioners Category:
- Future Makers Emerging Maker Award: €3,500
- Innovation Award: €1,500
- Design Award: €1,500
- Craft Skills Award: €1,500
- Studio Support: €1,000 x 2
- Residencies/Training Support: €1,000 x 2
- Exhibition Support: €1,000 x 2