Deadline: Friday 22 January
Art on Campus was launched in 2013 by the University of St.Gallen in Switzerland. It aims to offer a platform to visual artists who are currently not represented by art dealers or gallerists.
Once a year, independent artists have the opportunity to submit projects for a building of the University at Tellstrasse 2 in St.Gallen. Out of the applications received, a curator will choose five projects that will be exhibited in the building during one year. Applications can be presented specifically for one of five chosen spaces (please see separate documents on our website for corresponding options) or without any particular space in mind. The final decision on the space allotted to the selected projects is made by the curator.
The University will assume the full costs for transport of the artwork, as well as for the artist’s travel to Switzerland for the installation and opening of the exhibition.
After three successful exhibitions curated by Ms Thamar Ette (edition 1/2013; edition 3/2015) and Ms Deborah Keller (edition 2/2014), the fourth edition of Art On Campus will be opened mid-March 2017.
Conditions for Applicants
• The applicant is not supported by a gallery, art consultant, or any other kind of art market professional.
• Preferably, the applicant currently studies or has concluded his/her studies at an art academy.
Required Application Documents
• Short written description of the project in English (one page maximum) and sketches, visualizations or, if already available, photographs of it.
• Portfolio of the artist’s work in general.
• Short CV in tabular form and full exhibition history.
• If available: copy of the diploma certificate from the art academy where the applicant has
• Optional: a maximum of three catalog or newspaper articles, reviews, texts (online editions are
welcome too) on works or exhibitions of the artist.￼￼
￼￼￼Please note: All documents must be provided in a PDF format or, for images, in JPEG (with no more than 5 MB per image) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org We suggest to use wetransfer.com, yousendit.com, or dropbox.com for transferring the documents.
• Application deadline is Friday, January 22, 2017. Applications received after this deadline cannot be considered.
• Please note: incomplete applications that do not contain the above listed documents can not be considered.
• 20 candidates whose projects are selected for a final evaluation will be asked to hand in a short spoken statement (no more than 3 minutes) on their project recorded on video (high quality is not required).
• By the beginning of February 2017, the five artists whose projects were selected from the 20 final candidates will be informed and the planning for the realization of the projects and shipping of the artworks can get started.
• All candidates that were not chosen for the exhibition will receive a message by the end of February 2017 at the latest.
• Please note: due to the high number of applicants, it will not be possible to give specific explanations on the decisions taken.
• For any questions, please contact the Art on Campus curator Thamar Ette at email@example.com.