Application deadline: 15 July 2019
This year Chronus Art Center (CAC) opens its Lab for a new three-month research and creation fellowship. This program is designed to host international practitioners of extraordinary talents in the area of new media art, in order to produce new work at the Chronus Art Center (CAC), Shanghai, China. The 2019 Fall Research and Creation Fellowship aims to foster global exchange while advancing the discourse and practice of new media art, and contribute to CAC’s research and educational mission as well as the institution’s future collection.
• This fellowship is open to all nationalities and creative backgrounds.
• Applicants should be able to use English as working language.
• Applicants must not be currently enrolled in degree-granting academic programs, with the exception of PhD candidates who are aiming to develop research within the scope of the fellowship.
• Applicants are expected to show demonstrable success in previous development of related projects at this scale.
• Individuals and collectives are invited to apply. In either case, please make sure to specify how technical and creative responsibilities will be met. Please note that same funding conditions apply independently of the number of applicants.
This Fellowship is a chance for international artists and researchers to engage and learn from the creative, technological, and entrepreneurial communities of Shanghai. The selected Fellow will be offered a total amount of $10,000 for a 3-month period, including artist fee, living expenses, and materials. In addition, the fellow will be granted access to lab facilities and tools. These include but are not limited to: ‘OPTITRACK’ motion capture system, two ‘Oculus Rift’ VR headsets, laser cutter, 3D printer, band saw, sander belt, drill press, manual and prototyping tools, a soldering station along with a variety of electronic components.
For more information see: lab.chronusartcenter.org/open-call/