Deadline for submissions: Friday 3 May.
The Auxiliary Project Space is an artist-led organization based in the Tees Valley. It is now seeking submissions for its 2019/20 programme in a newly renovated warehouse space in Middlesbrough.
This award is aimed at emerging artists. Artists on the fringes and cross sections of artistic disciplines are highly encouraged to submit. Proposal that are experimental, challenging and involve a high level of artistic risk taking are also highly encouraged. Work may be either already completed, work in progress or proposed work. Artists are asked to include in their proposal an outreach aspect such as but not limited to: events, workshops, talks or performances.
The Auxiliary is seeking six proposals for three-week exhibitions to occur between May 2019 and May 2020.
Submissions are free and open to any emerging artist/curator/maker. The Auxiliary terms an emerging artist as anyone, regardless of age, beginning a new art form.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- Artists fee(s)/production budget of £500 for solo or 2-person shows.
- Artist fees/production budget of £1000 for group exhibitions or International artist.
- Inclusion in our quarterly programme.
- Curatorial and technical support.
- AV equipment (TBC with The Auxiliary)
How to apply:
Email a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line: EAEA – Open Call 2019
The PDF should include the following:
– Project/Practice description (max 1 page)
– Description of outreach project (talk, performance, workshop etc max 1 page)
– Documentation of previous works
– Link to video/sound