Closing date (extended): 9 December, 4pm
Create’s Collaborative Arts Partnership Programme (CAPP) in partnership with Callan Workhouse Union and Trasna Productions are pleased to announce an International Residency Programme, Meet You at The Green?
Location: Callan, Co.Kilkenny, Ireland.
Meet You at The Green? Research Residency is a two month residency to take place between February and May 2017 at Callan Workhouse Union (CWU). We‘re seeking an artist/designer/architect who wishes to explore the possibilities of an engaged/ collaborative practice within the context of the Meet You at the Green? project, and the rich rural arts ecology of the town of Callan and surrounding region. The residency will support research and shared dialogue with curatorial support from the CWU team. As the residency develops CWU will make introductions and link the artist to various rural community groups and development organisations, local government agencies, planning authority, arts organisations and additional places and groups of interest.
Meet You at The Green? is a year-long project focusing on participatory spatial practice and asks the question, ‘how do we inhabit our small towns?’. Exploring our common landscape and built environment, the project will artistically examine the resources available for young people, older people and intergenerational groups to come together in public spaces in a number of rural towns in the South East region of Ireland. The project will explore participatory spatial strategies through performance, movement and sound, in conjunction with an ambitious design and build project. The Meet You at The Green? residency artist/designer/architect will be supported to research and further their practice within this context. They will be working alongside Meet You at The Green? commissioned Spanish architectural collective Todo Por La Praxis and Irish artists, Michelle Browne, Ríonach Ní Néill and Ed Devane who are all developing collaborative processes with intergenerational and local groups in Callan and surrounding region.
The CAPP CWU Residency offers:
· Artist fee of €3,000
· Subsistence allowance of €840
· Return travel costs to Callan to a maximum value of €300
· Research materials budget €500
· 24hr access to a large spacious studio space and research library
· Accommodation within a share house with locally based artists, arts workers and local organisations across various disciplines
· Introduction to local artists and various community groups and organisations
· Support and facilitation to engage in the locally based artistic and community networks
To apply please submit a written proposal (two A4 pages max) including your ideas indicating the direction of your residency engagement or approach. Applicants are also asked to state why this residency is of interest to you and your anticipation of how it would contribute to your development as a collaborative artist/designer/architect.
Please send applications marked Meet You at The Green? by email to email@example.com, including:
· a residency proposal (maximum of two A4 pages);
· a CV and/or Biography;
· a PDF with a maximum of 5 examples of recent projects, with images, relevant links, captions and short descriptions; and
· please indicate your preferred dates for your residency (2 months between February 1st to May 31st).
Applicants should currently live in one of the 6 countries of the CAPP-network, namely: England, Ireland, Finland, Germany, Hungary or Spain. Proficiency in the English language is essential.