Application deadline: 30 July, 5pm.
TEDxFulbrightDublin invites all local artists from a visual art medium to apply for our Artist Programme for their event. The theme of the event is Notion of a Nation. All types of visual art will be considered and there is a great deal of flexibility in the interpretation of the theme, and how the piece comes together.
TEDxFulbrightDublin will supplement the costs of time and materials for an emerging local artist to create two visual art installations that will be displayed at the TEDxFulbrightDublin event at the Tivoli Theatre Dublin on 9 September, but will remain the artist’s property. The pieces will be installed in the Marquee area of the venue where the c.500 person audience will engage and interact, as well as on the TEDxFulbrightDublin 2018 stage.
The successful applicant will be provided with:
- Two tickets to the 2018 TEDxFulbrightDublin 2018 event at the Tivoli Theatre Dublin
- Up to €1000 towards materials or expenses of the creation
- A TEDxFulbrightDublin liaison to support the creation and execution of the project at TEDxFulbrightDublin 2018 event
Please note: Full expenses will be paid only when the artist has completed the project and participated in the event. Material costs can be covered in advance and must be outlined comprehensively in the budget. Eligible expenses include but are not limited to artistic materials, rental of equipment, rental of studio or rehearsal space, post production services. Artist fees are not eligible as an expense. Expenses outside this list must be approved by the program coordinator prior to expenditure. Artist will be asked to submit receipts for expenses and an expense report.
To apply you must email all of the below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Images / portfolio of previous artwork / installations
- Brief description of installation idea with sketch
- Paragraph on why your idea is a good fit for TEDxFulbrightDublin 2018
- Outline of budget – itemised where possible
- Suggested schedule for production and installation of artwork
Read full brief here: tedxfulbrightdublin.ie/