Call for Expressions of Interest from professional practicing artists from Drogheda and its environs for BORROWED GROUND: an experimental pop-up, artist studio exhibition taking place from April 30-14 July 2019. Borne from a need for dedicated artist studio space in Drogheda, Borrowed Ground will facilitate 8 – 10 artist spaces, in our gallery in Stockwell Street over the duration of the project.
The aim of BORROWED GROUND is to highlight the need for dedicated studio space for local artists to the public, to make visible artists’ own studio practice, and to allow artists from the community to share skills, ideas, resources and events.
This project aims to provide:
– The opportunity to work with other artists in a studio setting for a duration of 12 weeks
– Access to studio space (apart from Sundays)
– Free rent, light, heat and wifi connectivity
– Small materials allowance
– Access to library resources onsite
– Tea and Coffee facilities
– Opportunity to share work and practice with general public, patrons, curators and develop practice in the company of peers
– Be a major contributor to a highly unique, interesting collaborative experiment
– Opportunity for the public, possible contributors or philanthropists to engage with various artistic processes and ideas
– Showcase the wealth of ideas and skills in the region
– Encourage critical thinking
– Encourage next generation to pursue career in art and arts production.
Visit www.droichead.com for full details.