Deadline: 31 March, midnight.
Visual arts submissions are now being accepted for K-Fest Music and The Arts, which takes place in Killorglin, County Kerry, on Friday, June 2, through Monday, June 5, 2017. Each year, the town of Killorglin hosts up to 160 visual artists in bespoke pop-up galleries, as well as dozens of musical acts, an array of theatrical performances, spoken word, short films, secret cinema, activities for children, and the unique Screaming Pope Prize.
K-Fest affords new and emerging artists from Ireland and beyond the ability to showcase their work to nearly 10,000 eventgoers each year during the June Bank Holiday Weekend, providing opportunities for patronage, partnerships, and community building with fellow artists and local residents.
There is no submission fee. K-Fest Visual Arts Submissions should include ALL the following:
1. Name and contact details of individual or collective
2. Artist biography (100 – 150 words, including background and education, where applicable, to be used for promotional purposes)
3. Photo of the artist (sent as an attachment)
4. Artist statement (not to exceed 150 words, describing the artwork)
5. Examples of proposed work:
a. No more than 5 submissions total.
b. Each submission must include title, dimensions, and material/medium of work.
c. Submissions must be attached as images or pdf files. For audio or video files, links should be provided to YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc.
6. Acceptance of K-Fest 2017 Visual Arts Agreement (attached to submission form)
Selected artists will receive the following:
• Hanging and/or floor space to display their artworks during the festival
• Mention on our Web site, kfest.ie, including an example of their work
• Promotion via our K-Fest’s Facebook page
• Special rates at nearby B&Bs and guesthouses
• Evening meals Saturday and Sunday evenings during K-Fest
• Automatic entry for the “Screaming Pope Prize,” K-Fest’s own unique visual arts award and cash
prize, with work selected by a panel of acclaimed artists and art critics
Please note: If selected, there is a €10 registration fee to be paid on arrival at the festival. All accepted artists must be present for the duration of the entire festival. In addition, either the artist or a representative should be present in your respective gallery space for the duration of the entire festival. There is no commission on sale of work. Insurance is covered by the festival. There is no artist fee.
Complete instructions may be downloaded at www.kfest.ie. Click on the link: “Artist Submission Form.” Email submissions to Neil Browne, K-Fest Artistic Director, at email@example.com. For general information about K-Fest, send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org