Application deadline: Friday 9 June, 1pm
Kerry County Council is inviting submissions to the Visual Artists’ Showcase for exhibitions in 2017, with a possibility of a 2018 show.
Following the success of the Kerry Visual Artists’ Showcase in 2015 and 2016, Kerry County Council Arts Office invites visual artists to submit applications for its Kerry Visual Artists’ Showcase 2017.
This initiative is jointly supported by Kerry County Council and the Arts Council and recognises local talent and the importance of providing exposure for visual artists in Kerry.
This opportunity is open specifically to qualified visual artists who are originally from, or resident in, County Kerry. Please refer to the criteria and eligibility section below for further conditions of entry.
For an application pack please email: email@example.com, with Kerry Visual Artists’ Showcase in the subject line or call 066 71 83541.
Criteria and Eligibility
• Artists working in all media are encouraged to apply.
• Applicants must complete all sections of the application form.
• The opportunity is open to professionally qualified* artists originally from, or resident (for at least 2 years) in, County Kerry.
• Artists must not be enrolled in undergraduate courses.
• Works submitted for consideration must have been created in the past 18 months.
• Due to the nature of the exhibition space the following size restrictions apply:
2D = 5’x5’ unframed and 3’x 3’ framed with glass.
All 3D work over 3’ x 3’ x 3’ will be subject to weight restrictions, please give weight and size of work on your Image List Sheet where applicable.
• No hard-copy material will be accepted (catalogues, invitations, artist books, etc.).
• Please label each Jpeg image with the following details:
Artist’s Name_Title_Medium_Dimensions_Year, for example: JohnSmith_BlueLandscape_OilOnWoodenPanel_43x30cms_2013
• Please label each audio or video work with your name and contact number, work title, and duration, and include an additional image of same as displayed artwork.
*Hold a relevant undergraduate degree in a Fine Art discipline, be a member of Visual Artists Ireland.