Burren College of Art is inviting applications for the Emerging Irish Artist Residency Award 2019. They are excited to announce that in conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the opening of Burren College of Art, they have received Arts Council Ireland support for the 2019 Emerging Irish Artist Residency Award. They are looking for recent graduates and emerging artists from Ireland who are highly motivated and would like the opportunity to receive the following:
- A 4m X 4m artist’s studio space for the month of September 23 – October 18, 2019 with access to all college facilities.
- Participation in a group exhibition in two venues: BCA Gallery/G126 Galway.
- The opportunity to present a lecture and engage with the College community at BCA.
- A €600 bursary to cover materials, travel, food, etc.
- Free accommodation for the duration of the residency and during gallery installation for the BCA exhibition.
Burren College of Art welcome applications from artists working in any medium including: Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Photography, Performance Art and New Media.
Four selected artists will receive a free one-month residency award, taking place on the BCA campus in Ballyvaughan from September 23 – October 18, 2019. They will curate and organise a group show based on their time in the Burren and their shared experience, which will be held in the BCA Gallery immediately following the end of the residency in 2019, and then will travel to 126 Artist-Run Gallery in Galway. Suitable candidates also have the opportunity to present a lecture and engage with students and the broader College community.
More details an can be found on the website listed here: burrencollege.ie/…emerging-irish-residency-award/