Deadline for applications: 14 February, 4.30pm
Artlink [IRL] are seeking four Visual Artists to take part in paid artist residencies in Fort Dunree, Donegal, Ireland, in 2017. Applications are open to professional visual artists working in any discipline including but not limited to: sculpture, photography, painting, installation, and video.
Residencies are expected to take place from March to September 2017 for between two to four weeks at the discretion of the artist. During the residency artists are expected to develop new work or new ideas based on the unique site, and engage with local artists and Artlink members. This engagement could be through presenting artist talks, workshops, demonstrations or other events.
Artists will be paid a residency fee of €6500/5000 for undertaking the residency. The residency fee covers all flights, accommodation, transport, materials, living expenses and artist’s fee. The selected artists are responsible for arranging their own accommodation and travel arrangements and managing their budget as appropriate.
There are four residency positions available. The residencies and the associated fees are allocated as follows:
• 1 x Norway/Iceland based Artist [NOR/ISL] €6500
• 1 x International Artist [INTL] €6500
• 2 x Irish Artists [IRL] €5000 each
The [NOR/ISL] residency is available to any professional artist living and working in either Norway or Iceland and is supported by the Donegal County Council as part of an ongoing partnership. The [INTL] residency is available to any artist living and working outside the island of Ireland, and the [IRL] Residencies are open to any artists living and working on the island of Ireland including NI.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of:
• Artist CV
• Up to 10 images of your work and/or links to up to two video works (if applicable)
• A brief residency proposal (max 500 words) outlining how you would engage with the local area, Artlink Studio artists and Artlink members during the residency.
• Please state which strand you are applying for [NOR/ISL], [INTL] or [IRL].
• State availability and preferred dates to undertake the residency.