neo:studios invites new BA and MA graduate artists (2018-2019) to apply for its 2019 Artist Residency Programme.
One artist will be selected to work in our studios and University of Bolton for a period of twelve weeks, followed by the opportunity of a solo exhibition.
The resident artist will receive on-going support from assigned directors and volunteers of neo:studios and from a group of artists and curators that will best suit the new graduate throughout the residency period and the conception and delivery of the outcome. Opportunities to meet with artists, initiatives and curators will also be made available, in addition to the benefits of working in a new studio environment with an extended social network.
The resident artist will have a shared studio space at neo:studios.
Other facilities and equipment will include:
• Use of the print room, including screenprinting, etching and a variety of print medias
• Use of the sculpture workshop, including workbenches, sander, chop-saw and selection of hand tools
• Use of the photography darkroom, up to medium format
• Use of the project spaces, in creative partnership with Castlefield Gallery Manchester
• AV equipment, including monitors, data projectors, DVD players, speakers, amps
• Access to social spaces, including kitchen
• Wireless and hard wire free Internet access
Fine art and Photography Facilities will also be available at University of Bolton, in exchange for Master Classes and talks to BA and MA students.
The resident artist will be supported by:
• Up to £1000 for materials, including £500 vouchers from GreatArt sponsorship
• £500 artist’s fee, provided by University of Bolton
• Free accommodation, provided by University of Bolton
• £600 subsistence for living expenses, provided by University of Bolton
• Travel expenses for two return journeys to and from Bolton (within the UK)
• Marketing of related events and exhibition, including catalogue, posters and preview refreshments
Please, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.