Our new membership section includes:
- A Directory of our Republic of Ireland members who have a public profile. Northern Ireland members will have the same ability coming soon on our dedicated NI site – http://www.visualartists-ni.org
As we move to the new system we are contacting members with details of how they can login. Their profiles are currently set to Private which means that they have the option to make it Public and be included in the public directory and regional map.
- The ability to Join/Renew/Update personal details
- Details on any offers that our members currently have
- There is the ability to see a list of Members’ Events with the ability for Members to add them. (requires Membership to be up to date)
- There is a new section which allows Members to advertise or trade services.
- A payment system for membership.
Below is list of services, facilities and resources provided by Visual Artists Ireland for our members. These resources are designed to be useful, practical and relevant to artists.
- VAN – Receive the Visual Artists’ News Sheet by post (6 issues per year). The VAN is the primary all-Ireland information resource for visual artists presenting case study articles on all aspects of the lives of professional artists, alongside features offering critical reflection and analysis of relevant aspects of the art world in Ireland and internationally.
- The Manual – a comprehensive on-line information resource covering all aspects of professional development.
- Help-desk – offering advice, information and support on professional issues.
- Legal Advice | Debt Collection – a solution that minimises costly legal proceedings for artists getting paid.
- Discount Scheme –material suppliers and service providers.
- Equipment/Facilities – affordable access to video editing, cameras, computers and other equipment.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions with regard to practicing professionally.
- Insurance – where to get insurance for your practice
- VAI Members Events – a programme of informative and networking events held around the country including Visual Artists Cafés and the annual Get Together
- VAI Professional Development Programme – a wide range of professional development training throughout the year including workshops, peer discussion groups, seminars and talks.
- Studio Exchange Programme – VAI members can now register with Artelier for studio exchange with peers anywhere in the world.
- Visual Art Address Book – Members contact area and directory of visual art organisations and services