What is the award?
The winner will receive a residency at the Digital Arts Studios in Belfast running from October 2015 to January 2016
The residency offers:
• An individual workstation with Mac Pro programmed with relevant software such as Final Cut Studio 7 and Adobe CS6 etc.
• Free access to any training courses or workshops that DAS runs as part of its regular workshop programme.
• Free access to all DAS equipment including HD Video cameras (Canon XF305, Sony PMW-EX1), Digital SLR Camera (Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 6D), Steadicam system, studio lighting kit, microphones, projectors etc.
• Technical support and advice.
• An opportunity to realise a body of work or project that utilises digital technologies or has a digital element. *Please note that the residency applies to all visual artists and not only those artists who work exclusively or directly with digital technologies.
• An opportunity to present your work publicly. *Please note that whilst exhibitions are not arranged specifically for artists in residence, the Studios will support an artist to realise any event they wish to produce as part of their residency.
The Digital Arts Studios also curates exhibitions of work by their past artists in residence and is committed to continuing the support of artists in this way. (Artists are required to leave an example of their work for the DAS archive and to assist in curation of future exhibitions).
You will get the chance to meet other artists in the creative hub of the studios and benefit from a supportive working environment.
Who can apply:
Artists who hold current membership of Visual Artists Ireland. For information on joining VAI go to: visualartists.ie/join
How are award winners selected?
Applications will be reviewed and the award winner will be selected by a VAI/DAS panel
How to apply:
All applicants must provide the following:
• A Project Proposal
• Provide a description of the project that you wish to complete during the residency.
• Outline how you intend to make use of the residency, bearing in mind the duration of the residency and the facilities and resources that are available to you.
• *The proposal may contain written and visual material.
• An Artist Statement
• Provide a statement outlining why you feel the residency would be of benefit to your project and/or your practice overall.
• A current CV (max 2 pages)
• Examples of work
• Up to 10 still images/documentation of work
• Up to 3 examples of video or audio, maximum duration 5 minutes each.
• Up to 3 links to work online.
To Apply, CLICK HERE
Deadline: 4pm 31st August 2015
The Digital Arts Studios is based in the Cathedral Quarter in Belfast City Centre. Conveniently situated within walking distance of galleries and cultural venues at
38 – 42 Hill Street, Belfast, BT1 2LB