This practical, hands-on course taught by award winning photographer Kate Nolan will introduce beginners to digital photography and how to get the most out of their cameras.
You will get an introduction to your camera’s semi manual and manual controls and will get to know the potential of your camera, basic camera functions and exposure. This course will also enable you to apply a practical and theoretical knowledge to help you use a digital camera effectively and creatively.
You will be given the chance to shoot in the streets around the gallery, followed by a review of your work with the course tutor.
What you need to bring: Your DSLR Camera
– How to work your camera in semi manual and full manual modes
– How to use ISO, shutter speed and aperture to get the correct exposure
– What white balance and metering settings to use in various situations
– File formats (RAW + JPEG) explained
– Overview of focusing, flash, lenses and filters
– Composition: what makes your images interesting and how to achieve creative camera effects.
Date: Sat 31st August
Time: 11.30 – 16.30
Course Fee: €90 (€80 Gallery of Photography Members)
Location: Gallery of Photography, Meeting House Square, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 X406
Booking: email@example.com or phone 01-6714654