Patricio is a photographer and workshop facilitator with more than 20 years experience as a commercial photographer. He has his own studio on Capel St. and is an invited workshop facilitator at Trinity College.
This workshop is designed for those who want to get a better understanding of lighting and the process involve in a photo studio shooting.
The morning will start with talking for a few hours about the basics of light ( with coffee and tea) and analyzing different examples and learning about the studio equipment. After lunch break, switch on cameras, go straight into the shooting area and learn and practice different lighting setups with a professional model for the rest of the day. On this one day workshop, you will learn how to work effectively with studio lighting and you will gain some experience shooting portraits in the studio.
This course is focused on portrait lighting techniques in the studio, for those who wish to start in the world of Studio Photography.
– Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
– Using a light meter to calculate exposures
– Light modifiers and accessories ( Octobox, softbox, beauty dish and reflector)
– Creating or reducing shadow with reflectors and Flags
– Working with white and grey backgrounds
– Lighting the background
– Lighting setups with one, two, three and four lights
– Main, fill, butterfly, clamshell lighting
– High key and low key lighting setups
– Flagging light
– Separating the subject from the background with rim lighting
Dates: Saturday 17th August 2019
Times: 10.30 am to 5pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Location: Patricio Cassinoni Photo Studio, 65 Capel St. Dublin 1.