Artcite Inc., an artist-run centre for the contemporary arts, is situated in a large store front space located in downtown Windsor, Ontario, Canada a border city that benefits from cross cultural exchange with Detroit, Michigan.
Artcite feature new and experimental art production in all media and welcome submissions from artists for recent or proposed new work as well as curatorial proposals from artists, curators and collectives. Off-site exhibition areas (indoor or outdoor) may also be arranged for mounting special projects, performances and site-specific works.
Artcite recommend that applicants view their exhibition archive that provides an overview of past programming at Artcite. They encourage submissions that make full use of the highly visible gallery space to engage the public.
Submissions must be made by post and packages must include:
- The Artcite submission form; available on website, link below.
- 15 to 20 JPG images on a usb, CD-R / DVD-R
- Comprehensive image list
- Artist’s statement and exhibition proposal (hard copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (hard copy)
Artcite Provides Successful Candidates with:
- An artist’s exhibition fee in accordance with current CARFAC guidelines.
- A shipping allowance that reimburses one-way shipping expenses to a limit of $250 per solo show
- All-risk insurance during the exhibition
- An opening reception with the artist(s) in attendance.
- Printed exhibition announcements as the gallery may consider appropriate, with copies to the artist for their distribution.
- Invitations sent to Artcite’s mailing list.
- Promotion and publicity wherever and whenever possible in all media.
- Exhibition announcements and press releases distributed.
- Artcite will assist in attempting to arrange a free billet, where possible, for the artist during his/her installation; accommodation costs are the responsibility of the artist.
For full terms and conditions, application form and further information see: http://artcite.ca/submissions/