Deadline: 16 December
Jeju Culture and Art Foundation calls for applications from artists for an international artist-in-residence programme in 2017. This programme is open to international artists/curators/ researchers working in visual arts (contemporary art). This is the first residency programme run by JCAF in Jeju Island, South Korea.
The residency studio (work place) is located in the central area of old town called IAGOL old street across the HANJIGOL, near by Jeju Gwandeokjeong Pavilion and Jeju Mokgwana – Former Jeju Government Office.The selected artists will be a part of the Urban Renewal Project supported by Jeju Province’s government. The programme will be in a form of different type of exhibitions, education programme, community project and Art-lab (mix-matching of Art and Jeju’s unique History, Mythology, Sociology, Science and Nature(research based) as an outcome.
Benefits for Selected Artists:
– Individual accommodation during the residency period
– Individual studio for production (one studio per person/per team, in principle)
– A roundtrip airplane tickets (economy-class type) per person (For group-applicants only one member of the group will be supported)
– Opportunities for exhibitions and Art-lab project, local collaboration programs.
– Professional advising, seminars and cultural excursions with field trips.
– Partial production cost supported for exhibition or project by the residency programme.
– Free use of the Art Lab, workspace, equipment room and etc.
For more information and application details see: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2y__A-mIjnXbWVmTGVqbEQyVUk