Belfast Photo Festival is offering artist’s/photographers the opportunity to exhibit their work in the main Festival gallery alongside some of the biggest names in the field of photography and have their work taken on tour to be exhibited at the 2020 Photo Schwiez (Zurich, Switzerland), with a number also having the opportunity to be featured in the arts magazines Abridged and GUP. The winners will be eligible for a number of awards, including a cash prize of €1,127 (est $1,286 / £1,000).
The theme has been left open to remove any restrictions; submissions must be photographic or lens-based but can include incorporations of other art forms with the photographic medium (i.e. performance, painting, sculpture, music, literature etc).
Individuals and collectives are welcome to apply; individuals should select and enter between 1 and 15 photographs from a particular series or body of work AND/OR submit their Photo-book for exhibition by providing a link to a single PDF (stored on for example: Google Drive or Dropbox)
This year the Open Submission will be hosted by Picter. All submissions must be made via Picter.com. After registering on Picter, please ensure you follow the instructions outlined carefully otherwise your submission may not be valid. Submissions cost €22 / €29*
*The submission fee charged is in aid of the 2019 Belfast Photo Festival and directly contributes to the organisation and delivery of the Festival for the benefit of all participants. Belfast Photo Festival is a registered charity and non-profit organisation.
Between 20 and 40 photographers / artists will benefit from:
- awards and cash prizes
- exhibition exposure at the Festival’s main city centre gallery
- exhibition exposure at the 2020 Photo Schwiez Festival (Switzerland)
- inclusion in the special Festival issue of Abridged Magazine
- long term Festival representation and promotion
- an opportunity to participate in an Instagram Residency
- exhibition alongside some of the biggest photographic names as part of the major photographic event
- publication and inclusion in the Festival programme
- inclusion in the Festivals marketing & PR campaign, which has an estimated reach of 20+ million
- international press exposure
- being seen by a substantial number of visual arts professionals and the media
- dedicated feature on the Festival website and online gallery
All finalists who submitted photographs will have their work produced by the Festival for exhibition outdoors.
For more information see: belfastphotofestival.com/#opensubmission-submit