Application deadline: 25 March 2019
Call for artists from any country and nationality (excepted Spanish) who do not live in Spain and wish to make a residency in the region of Bidasoa (Irun, Hendaia and Hondarribia), located between the Basque Country French and Spanish.
During the residency, the artist will work on her/his perception, vision of the Basque Country that ’s why the artist will live in a Basque context during her/ his residence, with visits and interviews to different contemporary cultural entities. The objective is to develop a piece of art that we will later exhibit in different sites of Euskal Herria.
A 40-day stay during which the artist will have accommodation in Irun, as well as a studio workshop and work space. In addition, you will get advices, production services and introductions to various individuals from the Basque Country’s art and cultural field to carry out your project.
Bitamine Faktoria offers an economic aid that is composed of:
- Advices, production and contact with different people from Basque art and culture field
- Accommodation in Irun
- Study workshop and workspace
- €800 for expenses and transfer costs (from the arrival airport to Irun and to Irun from the departure airport) during the residency
- Up to € 600 for the travel from your country to the Basque Country*
- Up to € 400 towards production expenses
- Organization of exhibitions, graphic design and materials related to the residency activities such as flyers, posters or triptychs
For more see: bitamine.net/…