Application deadline: 17 July
For the fifth edition of the Crystal Ruth Bell Residency, the organisers are inviting people to apply for a fully-funded residency at Red Gate in Beijing for the months of November and December 2018. They are calling for people of all types of creative practices, of all passports, ages, gender-identities, abilities, and interests to send us proposals for projects to pursue in Beijing this winter around the verb “nourish” – in any way the word makes sense to you.
Whether you are a farmer, a cook, an artist, a food scientist, a culinary critic or historian, a guerrilla gardener, ethnographer, nomadic food truck entrepreneur, a writer, a poet, dancer, filmmaker, photographer, journalist, urban planner, nutritionist, or any other kind of creative person whose work involves food in some way, the organisers welcome your proposals for a fully-funded two month residency at Red Gate Residency this winter.
The Crystal Ruth Bell Residency covers:
– Housing in either a downtown apartment or loft studio, both equipped with home kitchens
– Round trip flight
– USD $1,071 stipend
– USD $500 for materials and ingredients
– Visa and travel health insurance
– Airport pickup, welcome dinner
– Optional artist talk or workshop and open studio
– Use of Crystal’s sanlunche
– Project support from the Red Gate and China Residencies teams
More information here: chinaresidencies.com/news