Deadline: 16 January, 10am
BALTIC Centre for Contemporary art (Gateshead) + The NewBridge Project (Newcastle upon Tyne) are working together on Connect/Exchange; an exchange, research and networking residency programme for two artists with a screen-based practice.
We are looking for ambitious early and mid-career artists who are open to testing out and sharing new ideas, who have a new project they want to undertake initial research and development for, and who will benefit from the support and networking opportunities Connect/Exchange offers. Artists are supported via a two-part residency, together with associated professional networking events.
Artists: Two artists based in the UK
Fee: £2500, plus £500 materials, £500 travel and £1500 accomodation
Residency dates: Part One – week beginning 8th May. Part Two (flexible access) Up to six weeks between 15th May – 31st July 2017
Interviews: Monday, 6th February 2017
Accommodation is provided at HMO (House of Multiple Occupancy) for Part One of the residency, a live-work project in the home of regional artists, Hannah Marsden and Toby Lloyd.
BALTIC and The NewBridge Project offer:
– A base to work from within an active community of artists, who work across various artforms and are at different stages of their career
– Support developing networks and meeting new people; we will help broker meetings with key cultural organisation/institutions as well as create chances for meeting individuals relevant to the selected artists practice
– Access to curatorial mentoring and support
– Involvement in Practice makes Practice, an artist development programme run through The NewBridge Project which includes one-to-one mentoring sessions, crits, social events and get-togethers, field trips, practical workshops and talks
– The opportunity to attend BALTIC events, workshops and symposia, including previews and artist’s talks.
For more information and application details see: thenewbridgeproject.com/news/residency-opportunity-connectexchange/