Deadline for applications: Monday 6 February 2017, 12 noon
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Arts Office is inviting proposals for its 2018/2019 exhibition programme for the Municipal Gallery, dlr LexIcon, through an open call selection process. This is open to professional artists, curators and arts organisations; the closing date is Monday 6 February 2017.
Proposals for solo, two person, or group shows are welcome and a minimum of 2 separate exhibitions will be programmed. At least one of these will specifically feature the work of artists connected to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County. One exhibition will be programmed in Quarter 1 2018 and the other in 2019.
What dlr offer
- Artist fee (to be negotiated at contract stage; this will be dependant of the scale and ambition of the proposal). If the application is from a curator, allowance will be made for curatorial fee too.
- Marketing material – this will include an invitation, posters for dlr LexIcon and information about the exhibition learning programme events.
- dlr Arts Office will promote the exhibition via the Arts e-bulletin, website and dlr social media. Information will be sent to local press and relevant arts press via press releases/listings.
- Transportation of work costs (determined on case by case basis; domestic only).
- Qualified art technicians will be provided to install the work.
- If required, dlr Arts Office will provide limited independent curatorial advice for the artist.
- Exhibition launch (if appropriate).
- Fee towards photographic documentation of the exhibition.
The Arts Office will be hosting a facilitated site visit to the Gallery on Tuesday 10 January at 6.30pm to introduce the space and answer any specific questions that interested artists/curators might have.
To book a place for this, please email Ciara King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01-236 2759.
Full details on how to apply are available on the website here: www.dlrcoco.ie/en/arts/funding-opportunities/open-call-exhibition-proposals