Application deadline: Friday 31 March, 6pm
Platform Arts is accepting proposals from artists and curators, working in any media or discipline to be included in its 2017/2018 exhibition and events programme. Prior experience is not a condition of acceptance. Please refer to the guidelines before completing your proposal.
Platform has limited financial resources and is unable to provide financial support to artists to realise an exhibition this includes costs of creating artwork, funding travel / transportation, installation, insurance on individual works etc. Applicants should have a good idea of how they intend to fund their show. Platform can provide a letter of support and advice in applying for funding both in Northern Ireland and internationally. Artists must arrange their own technical support and should make allowances for costs associated with this in their exhibition budget.
Gallery 1 at roughly 209m2, has a very adaptable framework. Platform Gallery 2 provides opportunities for smaller interventions, exhibitions and installations. These spaces can be naturally lit or fully enclosed to the white cube aesthetic and contains an overhead system of movable halogen lights and power sockets located at ceiling height.
Email your proposal as single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Exhibition Proposal: ” in the subject line of the email. Please make sure your proposal includes the following:
• CV (max 2 pages) Containing name, address, email, phone and website (if available)
• Artist Statement (Max 500 words)
• Proposal Summary Please provide a summary (max 800 words) of the project you are proposing. This should cover the main themes of the work and outline how you intend to install it within the space. You can find a plan of the main gallery in the exhibition guidelines.
• Supporting Material Please refer to the guidelines. All images and links for audio and video files should be contained within the body of the PDF file and captioned accordingly.
• Funding Please provide details on how you plan to fund your exhibition, installation or event. Funding does not need to have been secured but we require a reasonable plan and backup plan of how you intend to fund. Platform can provide a letter of support to selected applicants to sustain individual fund seeking.
• Further information Please provide any further information (max 800 words) that you feel is relevant to your proposal.
The proposal must be completed and attached as a single PDF file including all supporting material. This should be titled Proposal and not exceed 10mb in size. See website for further guidelines.