Fuse is a new Photo Book Programme aimed at mentoring an artist through the process of publishing a photo book.
By bringing together the collective knowledge of an editor, publisher, designer, and printer, Fuse gives you the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s best people while gaining a deep insight into the process of making your own photo book. The 3-month programme will result in your work being presented to international publishers as a professionally edited, designed and printed Dummy.
Through this collaboration, you will explore your options, from the selection of images and typography, to whether your book is hand-made or uses print-on-demand technology or traditional printing and binding technology, as well as choosing the size, paper type and binding of your book.
- Collaborative dummy bookmaking workshops with Read That Image
- Editing with BLOW Photo Editor
- Personal guidelines from the publisher Dewi Lewis
- One to one workshop with the director of Plus Print
- Designed artwork by Unthink designers
- Dummy printed by Plus Print
- Presentation of the work and dummy to major publishers
- Access to D-Light Studios facilities
The program will run from April 2019 until July 2019. It will require a minimum of 2-3 visits to Dublin. Within those visits, you will receive accommodation from D-Light Studios. The awardee must cover their own transport costs.
Please note: there is a submission fee to apply. General Application Fee: €45.00; Students *ID required: €35.00
Blow Photographers: €25.00
For more information see: blowphoto-fuse.com/…