Deadline: 5 February
Art City in Winnipeg, Canada invites local, national, and international professional artists to submit proposals to lead collaborative art workshops at our studio in 2017/18.
The Art City studio is located in West Broadway, a culturally diverse and densely populated neighbourhood in the heart of Winnipeg’s inner city. Art City programming is free-of-charge for all ages, engaging an average of 28 participants per evening. Older youth, adults, and seniors also regularly participate in Art City programs.
Selected Guest Artists will receive $1,500.00 for a five-day workshop. Travel, accommodations, and a per diem will be provided for selected Guest Artists who are based outside of Winnipeg.
• The artist has a demonstrated professional art practice
• Proposed workshop reflects the artist’s own art practice
• Artists experience and willingness in working with participants of all ages and abilities
• Creativity and quality of proposed workshop
• Content of workshop is appropriate for youth participation
• Demonstrated proficiency in the medium the proposed workshop is based on
(i.e. if proposing a video workshop, the artist must know how to use video equipment
and editing software)
All submissions must include the following:
1. Your name, address, e-mail and phone number
2. A one-page letter of interest, describing:
i. As an artist, why do you want to work with Art City?
ii. How will your workshop facilitate a meaningful artistic exchange between you and Art City participants?
iii. How will this experience benefit/impact you as an artist?
iv. Your availability through 2017-2018
3. Proposed title and brief description of the workshop
4. An itemized list of materials/equipment required for the workshop
5. A brief biography summarizing professional achievements (1 paragraph)
6. CV including professional activity and any past community engagement (maximum 3 pages)
7. Support material list, including title, medium and dimensions
8. Support material in digital format. If you are mailing your application, please submit them using a USB flash drive or CD compatible with Mac Computers
For more information see: www.artcityinc.com/get-involved/