Visual arts submissions are now being accepted for K-FEST, which takes place in Killorglin, County Kerry, on Friday, May 31, through Sunday, June 2, 2019. K-FEST, a dynamic arts festival with an emphasis on emerging artists, uses unoccupied spaces in Killorglin, transforming vacant retail outlets, deserted buildings, and even domestic homes into curated bespoke pop-up galleries and venues. Over the course of the June Bank Holiday weekend, K-FEST hosts more than 60 events in addition to a gallery trail, including live music performances by dozens of bands and musicians, as well as spoken word, drama, comedy, short films, street entertainment, and activities for kids and families, all culminating with the Screaming Pope Prize ceremony, in which the festival awards a single outstanding work of visual art.
Selected artists will receive the following:
• Hanging and/or floor space (10 feet) to display their accepted artworks during the festival
• Promotion via K-FEST’s online platforms
• Evening meals Saturday and Sunday evenings during K-FEST
• Automatic entry into The Screaming Pope Prize VI, €1,000 euro cash prize. Four finalists are also selected, each receiving a cash prize.
• Access to K-FEST’s 50+ events covering art, music, film, drama, spoken word, and more over the June Bank Holiday weekend at no cost.
Please note: A submission fee of €10 applies. There is no artist fee. All accepted artists must be present for the duration of the entire festival. In addition, either the artist or a representative should be present in your respective gallery space for the duration of the entire festival. There is no commission on sale of work. Insurance is covered by the festival.
A submission form, which requires images of proposed artwork, photo of the artist, biography, and artist statement, among other items, may be found at www.kfest.ie.
For more information on the submission process, contact Neil Browne, Artistic Director, at email@example.com.