Application deadline: 30 September.
In co-operation with KulturKontakt Austria, the Austrian Federal Chancellery makes available 50 residencies in Austria (Vienna and Salzburg) for the year 2019.
The residency is designed to offer an opportunity to familiarise oneself with the Austrian art scene and cultural environment and to make contact with Austrian artists. Residents are expected to complete a project during their stay. In the field of cultural education, the stay is primarily designed to foster exchanges and networking and not the realisation of a project.
During their stay, the artists in residence will be made familiar with the art scene and cultural environment. Activities on offer include visits at galleries, studios and museums, contacts to the literature and publishing sector, as well as access to Vienna’s music life. Whenever possible, the residents will receive free tickets for art and book fairs, the international ImPuls Tanz dance festival and other events.
Please note: the age limit for applicants is 40 years, i.e. the applicants’ date of birth has to be after December 31, 1978.
The residency provides:
- Residencies are provided in Vienna (all disciplines) or Salzburg (only visual arts, photography, video and media arts). Accommodation subject to availability.
- Contribution to cost of living expenses of Euro 800 per month.
- One-time contribution to art supplies of Euro 300 for visual artists and composers.
- For the duration of the stay and depending on the place of accommodation, residents are provided with a mobile internet connect stick including SIM-card or WLAN for the duration of their residency. Notebooks will not be provided.
- For the duration of the stay, a cell-phone with a one-time prepaid credit in the amount of Euro 40 will be made available to the residents.
- Residents will also receive monthly passes for public transport in Vienna or Salzburg for the duration of their stay.
For more information: artists-in-residence-austria.at