Submission Deadline: 4 May
This call aim is to select 30 new artists working with photography that will be participating in the PARALLEL Platform 2nd Cycle, which occurs between June 2018 and September 2019. If selected, you’ll be taking part in one of the most innovative creative processes going from scratch to the exhibition, alongside with 37 other artists and curators. The jurors are looking for new artists who fit in the following definition:
Be in the early stage of her/his career; Show significant artistic potential; Be defined by artistic practice engaged with contemporary discourse; Have had no more than 2 individual and/or 3 collective exhibitions in a festival/museum; Lack international recognition.
The call is open internationally to new artists working with photography; Selection will be made paying attention to gender balance and diversity; There’s no specific theme.
Selected artists will:
- Participate in the PARALLEL Artistic Guidance to develop a new project, with the support of a high profile tutor;
- Present their previous work in the PARALLEL Intersection Zagreb (HR), September 2018. (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs in Zagreb supported by the Platform);
- Present their new project to new curators at PARALLEL Curatorship Derby (UK), at FORMAT Festival, March 2019. (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs in Derby supported by the Platform;
- Present their project in the cycle final exhibition at PARALLEL Intersection Guimarães (PT), September 2019. (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs in Guimarães supported by the Platform;
- Have their project presented in as many exhibitions that they are invited to, at the Exhibition Platform;
- Have their project published in the Yearly Catalogue PARALLEL Atlas (and eventually other Exhibition Catalogues);
- Have their project promoted internationally under PARALLEL Platform activities framework;
Please Note: Entrance Fee €20
For more information visit: picter.com/parallel/open-call-2018/