Galway University Hospitals Arts Trust (GUHAT) invites professional practicing artists to apply for 3 opportunities in Saolta University Health Care Group hospitals in 2019 – 2020. Shortlisted artists will have a practice that is appropriate or can be adapted to the acute hospital environment, and a commitment to participatory/collaborative practice and public engagement.
1. Participatory Artist Panel 2019 – 2020
Artists from all artforms considered for future workshop facilitation and public engagement opportunities at Saolta hospitals in Galway, Ballinasloe, or Roscommon. Inclusion does not guarantee work.
2. PUH Creative Writer in Residence 2019 (3 months)
3. PUH Visual Artist in Residence 2019 (3 months)
For both residencies at Portiuncula University Hospital the artist will receive:
• A fee of €3000 to include training, preparation, engagement, evaluation, and travel.
• A materials and production budget.
• Mentoring and support from the GUHAT team and PUH staff.
For both residencies the artist will facilitate:
• Arts participation/engagement with hospital patients and/or staff.
• Documentation, evaluation and dissemination of the residency.
• A public event in the hospital, eg. an exhibition, installation, talk, reading, discussion or participatory event.
The 2019 PUH Residency Programme is funded by Galway County Council and the National Creativity Fund. For further information on how to apply visit saolta.ie/news/open-call….