Deadline: Wednesday 7 September, 5pm
SOMA Contemporary Gallery is proud to announce its First Annual Members Open Exhibition of fine and applied arts. Submissions may be in any discipline: painting, sculpture, new media, printmaking, ceramics, glass, photography, and installation.
This open submission is an opportunity for graduates, emerging and established artists based in Ireland.
Exhibition dates: 6 October to 13 November 2016 (Preview 6 October, 6.30pm)
All works submitted for exhibition are considered by a selection panel comprising of independent curators who have significant experience in the field of contemporary art and whose decision to accept or reject is final.
Each submission must include the following:
- Completed Submission Form.
- Artist Statement, biography and C.V
- Images (maximum of 3)
- Registration and handling fee of €10 is payable to ‘SOMA Contemporary Gallery’.
The handling fee covers the administration, printing and post of invites, posters, hand outs etc. and installation of the works. The gallery covers all costs incurred for the duration of the exhibition except the transport of works. The handling fee will also grant you Friends Membership to SOMA Contemporary Gallery. For those who are already Friend Members, no handling fee is required but please quote your membership details on application.
Membership of SOMA includes:
– Opportunity to be selected for annual members exhibition
– Up to three free talks per year
– Invitation to our exhibition previews
– Free tea or coffee on every 8th visit
– Discounts on events and activities
– Exclusive friends events including organized trips
– Priority studio spaces
– Opportunities to participate in the running of the gallery
You can apply by email, post or hand delivery:
Criteria link for application is available here: http://goo.gl/xAFCSI
Application form can be found here: http://goo.gl/DAzb3Q
alternatively call into SOMA Contemporary Gallery reception or via email email@example.com.