Application deadline: 20 May.
The Graduate Residency is open to graduates from BA Programs in Photography/Fine Art (who use photography within their practice) within the Republic of Ireland. It is a Ten-week residency and is competitively awarded based on the quality of the applicants’ work. This residency will culminate with a public talk/showcase of work. This can be in the form of an exhibition or other.
The Residency will start on September 3rd and chosen by a selection of the Board on visiting the colleges and interviews.
The purpose of this residency program is to facilitate the development of photographic practice and is open to any photographer or artist using the medium of photography that is seeking to develop their work.
Residencies tend to entail:
- Full access to the Black and White darkroom (except when classes are on in the darkroom)
- Full access to the photography studio (except when classes are on in the studio)
- Use of camera and studio equipment (with prior booking)
- Access to professional Epson professional scanner and printer (will prior booking)
- The provision of all the chemicals and equipment for film processing and printing in the darkroom (residency recipient will have to provide their own photographic film and paper)
- Mentorship, weekly feedback sessions, technical support, advice and access to coinciding Darkroom courses (depending on availability of space)
- Use of our in-house photography library
- Access to hot-desk.
Residency Submission Materials:
Please email a statement about your art practice, detailing themes, working methods and use of media (300 words max)
One image of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, in your submission please put GRADUATE RESIDENCY in subject line.