Application deadline: 30 June.
Greywood Arts is delighted to introduce Unexpected Spaces, a new residency opportunity for artists with a public art practice. This one-month residency offers accommodation, workspace and materials to a visual or performing artist interested in exploring a public art project in the rural East Cork Village of Killeagh.
Studio and accommodation included in the residency at no cost to the artist.
While Greywood Arts are completely open regarding the theme, topic and medium, the project should be responsive to the setting and context of the village. They love connecting artists with community members, and will help facilitate this.
They are looking for a proposal that:
- Has a strong vision and connection to the artist’s established practice.
- Will engage and impact viewers.
- Has significant visibility in the village.
- Considers the safety of the artist and public.
- Considers the environmental impact of the work – we encourage the use of recycled or natural materials and appreciate sensitivity to the future of the materials (e.g. will they end up in a landfill?)
The residency will include an opportunity for the artist to engage in dialogue with the public. This might be an artist talk, or could take on another form that supports the artist’s practice or ties into the project (A potluck? A walk? A collaborative working day? Surprise us!).
To Apply: Email email@example.com with the following:
Project Proposal (2 pages max) outlining:
- The vision/concept
- How the project responds to the site / engages the community
- Your process – how will the ideas be approached? What are the practicals – how the project will be accomplished?
- Impact the residency will have on your artist practice
- Workspace needs
- Supports needed from Greywood Arts
- Materials list and estimated materials cost
- Of course you probably don’t know details of exactly what you’ll need at this stage, but include any information to help them assess the feasibility of the project here.
Artist Biography / Statement:
- Include a bit about who you are, what you do, how you do it, and what your experience is.
- Artists may apply with one other collaborator.
- 1-3 samples submitted as links or attachments
- Links to website and/or social media if applicable
For more information see: greywoodarts.org/unexpected-spaces/…