Preparing for Brexit | Trading and Customs – EORI Numbers

If you are an artist based in Ireland or Northern Ireland that plans to ship work anywhere outside of the island after the 1st January 2021 then you should start getting prepared.

You currently need an EORI number to move goods from Ireland or the UK to non-EU countries (until 1st January 2021).

After the first January 2021, the UK will no longer be in the EU and so there will be new rules to prepare for. Artists in Northern Ireland will need an EORI number to export to non-EU countries (including GB – England, Scotland and Wales) and also to EU countries. Artists in Ireland will need an EORI number to export goods to GB (not to Northern Ireland).

Artists in Northern Ireland can sign up for the Trader Support Service before Monday 23rd November to ensure that you receive the correct EORI number for GB exports by the 1st January.

There are two types of EORI numbers for artists based in Northern Ireland and you should take care to find out which one you need or if you actually need both.

Artists in Northern Ireland can find more about EORI and links to registration here.

Artists in Ireland can can register for an EORI number with Revenue here.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. You can review our Privacy Policy under the menu above: About VAI > VAI Privacy Statement